CAA 2017 – Key Issues and Abridged Financial Statements
3-Part Training Series
For Accountants Who Want to Spend Their Time on the More Important Things!
Changes to company law and financial reporting just keep on coming. The Companies (Accounting) Act 2017 has just introduced a slew of new changes for companies and their financial statements.
The problem is Time. All of the changes in the last few years have made life difficult for the accountancy profession.
- First we had the 1448 sections of Companies Act 2014 in June 2015 – How much of that did you digest and how long did it take you?
- Then we had FRS 102 landing in January 2016, for periods commencing January 2015 – Not just an accountancy standard, a whole new financial reporting framework.
- Then we had the FRSSE expiring for periods commencing on or after 1st of January 2016 – This was just a loophole to buy us time until the new Act landed.
- Now we have the Companies (Accounting) Act 2017 which was commenced on 9th of June 2017 updating Companies Act 2014. This includes multiple updates to the accountant’s Part of the Act – Part 6.
- The new legislation triggers the possible first-time adoption of S.1A of FRS 102 and FRS 105 – new formats and 3 different financial reporting regimes.
The Time has Come for Accountants to Put Themselves First
In a business where clients come first, accountant’s and their business often come second.
In a business where compliance and Institute regulation is so important, it can be difficult to balance the commerciality of the firm, the customer care and the time it takes to get ahead and stay ahead of all the new regulations and legislation.
In a business where being right is the only option:
- How much time and billable time have you lost in the last 18 months on financial reporting formats?
- How much time and money have you invested in making changes to reflect the Companies Act 2014?
- How confident are you in your knowledge of Company Law?
- How comfortable are you your firms knowledge of the relevant legislation?
And the big question, is that having invested the time, will you have peace of mind?
CompaniesAct2014.com is your Solution for Company Law
We have created CompaniesAct2014.com to give accountants the peace of mind they need in a timescale they want. We have spent hours, days and weeks pouring over the 1,448 sections of Companies Act 2014 and the 101 sections of Companies (Accounting) Act 2017 so you don’t have too. We have created checklists, templates, sample financial statements, resolutions, step plans, minutes and FAQs.
We have dissected the legislation and made it practical, so you don’t have to. We have members who dip in to the site now and then; members who are in and out of the site every day; regular users; needs-be users. The feedback we get from accountants is that some of the individual templates, precedents and step plans are worth more than the annual membership subscription.
CompaniesAct2014.com the Ultimate Company Law Resource for Irish Accountants
What do you get as a member of CompaniesAct2014.com
- Site Access for 12 months
- Ongoing material updates in terms of checklists, templates, guidance documents and
- Sectional Analysis of Companies Act 2014
- Detailed analysis of Companies (Accounting) Act 2017
- FRS 102 Companies Act Accounts Templates
- 1A FRS 102 Companies Act Accounts Templates
- FRS 105 Companies Act Accounts templates
- Abridged financial statement formats
- Access to the ever expanding FAQ Section of the site
- Templates, precedents and step plans for the most commonly applied transactions and events
- Template meeting minutes, communications, resolutions and agreements
You get all of this for an annual subscription of €299 (Excluding VAT)
We Like To Give You More Value than Anyone Else in the Market
Bonus 1 – Companies Act Conference
If you sign up before 22nd of June 2017 you will also give you a seat at our Companies Act Conference which is a multi-stream event involving some of the thought leaders of Company Law in Ireland. This bonus is worth €250 and gives you 8 hours of CPD. (Don’t worry if you can’t make it; we have you covered. We will be recording the event, so you will be able to pick it up online afterwards)
Bonus 2 – Company Law Bootcamp Webinar Series
If you sign up before 22nd of June 2017, our second bonus gives you access to our 2017 Company Law Bootcamp Series – 6 x 75 minute long webevents providing live online interactive learning, giving you 8 hours of CPD worth €247. If you cannot attend the live webinars, you will be able to access the recordings.
So you get €796 worth of material including 16 hours of CPD for an annual subscription cost of just €299 (excluding VAT).
Its Decision Time
You have a choice to make – learn it all yourself; understand it all yourself; apply it all yourself – or join CompaniesAct2014.com and let us do the hard work giving you the peace of mind you need. Free up your time and energy to do what matters most – advise your clients on how to build their business as you build yours.
Act Now Before the Bonuses End
Remember, you need to join CompaniesAct2014.com by 22nd of June 2017 to get your bonuses worth €497 (giving you 16 hours of CPD).